.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Good News/Bad News

The good news is . . . I started my new job today with Verizon Communications ("Can You Hear Me Now?"). The bad news is this cuts very deep into my blogging time. I want to avoid having to give up my blog altogether (albeit nobody would probably miss it much), so I will have to slow down on posting a bit.

In other words, I will not be able to post every day like I have done in the past. However, I will try and post as regularly as I can. For those of you who were praying for my job situation let me say thank you very much. God has blessed me with a wonderful position at Verizon.

5 Comments:

Blogger DWright said...

Hey, congratulations on the job. I'm really happy for you.

What will you be doing? (If you can say . . .)

I might have missed it if you said this in a previous post. Up until the last two or three weeks or so, I was hardly blogging, and lately I've just managed to post something every day, without being able to keep up with others' blogs.

9:52 PM, April 24, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey David,

I'll be working at the SuperPages.com offices selling and building web listings/ads/pages for businesses.

6:03 PM, April 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great news Todd! I'm glad to hear it. I hope you enjoy the position and can stick with it for a while. All my best to you and Kasha.

-Jeremiah

3:55 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Chris Tilling said...

Really pleased for you Todd.
But if your blogging slows down, you realise that you will have to prioritise and spend less time with your family ...

4:21 PM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Jeremiah and Chris,

Thanks a bunch. Jeremiah, yes, long term is what I want and need - so I plan to be at this job for a long while.

Chris, yep, I'm sure my wife will understand when I tell her, "Honey, I would rather blog than spen time with you!" I guess I better get use to sleeping in the outside storage shed. ;-)

6:45 PM, April 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home