.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Monday, April 17, 2006

New Feature on This Blog

I'm a big fan of films/movies. In fact, I actually majored in theatre in my undergrad work, so my love for film/movies is simply, or at least I think anyway, a natural extension of my love for theatre and acting. Anyway, enough of that.

For about the last five (5) years I have collected quotes/lines from various films/movies. These quotes are not long monolgues (though some are a little lengthy), they are, rather, short quips, pithy or meaningful sayings or lines. I have actually collected them in a journal which I titled "Reel Wisdom" (of course, pun intended). Soooo . . . what I would like to do is add this as a feature of my blog and call it Reel Wisdom; sort of like the quote of the week, but these quotes are from movies.

While some of these quotes are very thought provoking and meaningful, it should probably be pointed out that they would certainly have more weight or impact if viewed in their original setting - film. Many of these quotes certainly have a greater impact on the hearer and viewer (as the case is) when they are heard and seen acted out in the movies themselves. So, I'll include links to Amazon with the quotes, in case anyone has an interest in getting the movie.

That being said, I hope you enjoy this new feature, and I hope many of these quotes will stir your thinking and spur your interest in perhaps watching the film/movie.

To inaugurate this new feature, below is the first quote I ever wrote down from a movie. This quote is actually the quote that gave me this idea five years ago (for whatever strange reason it just jumped out at me and made me think I should write quotes down from films).

"Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."
- Jurassic Park 3

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home