.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

When it Rains It Pours

Well, I am asking for prayer again. I have been working for my dad on a somewhat temporary basis and he had to give me a one month notice today to find another job. I knew this was coming I just did not think it would be this soon. Moreover, my wife and I just bought our first home about 8 months ago, so our budget is in need of a certain amount of money to make the mortgage payment and pay on all my outrageous school loans (as many of you know how expensive school can be - especially seminary)

I should be hearing from the community college about which I posted several weeks back. I am expecting to hear back from them any day now. We are praying that God will provide me with that position but more importantly that we will not worry (too much anyway) and rest in God's provision and providence over this situation. I do covet your prayers and thank you for them ahead of time!

God Bless!

5 Comments:

Blogger Correy said...

These times in your life can be quite trying. Who knows what the Lord has in store for you.

7:04 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

"I am convinced that nothing- not height, not depth, not angels, not principalities, not powers, nor anything made, can separate us from God's love". To Paul's list I would also add employment fears. So of course you have both our prayers and our solidarity.

7:37 PM, February 16, 2006  
Blogger Jeremiah Kier Cowart said...

wow, Todd. I thought I had it bad at the moment. I hope (and will pray) that this may be something of a blessing in disguise for you--a means to putting you in a suitable end--like that job at the community college, or some such like.

12:07 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Chris Tilling said...

I've been praying for you.

5:13 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger rgbrao said...

Will pray. He always provides...

8:26 PM, February 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home