.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Sunday, February 12, 2006

"Musical Mush" by Charles Colson

David Wright, at Nelmezzo, has posted a link to an article Chuck Colson wrote which pertains to Chris Tilling's infamous "Winds of Worship" series. If you have the time you must go to David's blog and check it out! Sadly, it is both very funny and quite sad at the same time. In fact, here is the first paragraph of the article Colson wrote:

"When church music directors lead the congregation in singing some praise music, I often listen stoically with teeth clenched. But one Sunday morning, I cracked. We had been led through endless repetitions of a meaningless ditty called, "Draw Me Close to You." The song has zero theological content and could be sung in a nightclub, for that matter. When I thought it was finally and mercifully over, the music leader beamed at us and said in a cheerful voice, "Let’s sing that again, shall we?" "No!" I shouted loudly. Heads all around me spun while my wife cringed."

Go click the link at David's blog to read the rest.

2 Comments:

Blogger C. Stirling Bartholomew said...

Why do people like C.Colson subject themselves to this kind of abuse?

2:20 PM, February 12, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

C.S.B.
LOL. I have no idea, but I am glad he spoke up!

2:52 PM, February 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home