.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Preview of What's to Come

I just wanted to provide a short preview of some upcoming posts. I am actually a little tired of posting on John Calvin (especially after nine posts in the series). Not that I ever get tired of Calvin, I just need a bit of a break from the series. However, I will pick it back up and actually finish that series in the near future (I only have about four or so more posts to finish).

I actually wanted to post a small series on the ideas of Immanuel Kant in his work titled The
One Possible Basis for a Demonstration of the Existence of God. This work is, believe it or not, what many scholars call a pre-critical work by Kant and he has some very interesting things to say in this work. So, I wanted to spend some time on that work (but only briefly).

Also, I am currently reading several works that I would like to post my thoughts on (in perhaps a review type format). These works are N. T. Wright's What Saint Paul Really Said and Robert W. Jenson's Systematic Theology: Volume 1 The Triune God. My thoughts on these works will be in the near future, perhaps between the Kant series and the continuation of the Calvin series, or thereabouts. If you are interested in either of these works, and I do recommend them, so I have provided links to them at Amazon below.




I also intend to do a very small series on Jonathan Edward's theology/philosophy of human desires and dispositions (which I have found very intriguing for many years). This will probably be in the distant future (but not too distant) so please be patient.

One last thing. I am going to begin a new feature on this blog. I am not sure what I am going to call it, so any suggestions are welcomed. I want to periodically post a type of profile on an individual from Church history, presenting what kind of impact this individual had upon Christianity and Church history, their major works, etc. So look for that was well. I hope you enjoy these things as much as I have enjoyed researching and reading them (whichever the case may have been).

Cheers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Tilling said...

Great! I look forward to both the Wright and Jenson posts.

5:20 PM, February 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home