.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

If You Read this, Please Pray for Me

At 1:30 p.m. U.S. central time I have a huge interview for the position of Director of General Education for a community colloge in my area. This has actually been about a ten month wait for the school to get its ducks in a row for this position.

I was actually hired last June but the job fell through the cracks. So, they just called me again yesterday and said they are now ready to go through the hiring process and get all my transcripts, etc. I am a little hesitant about all this since I have been told this before and nothing happened, but due to the circumstances that they explained to me and the time frame in which all this has taken place, I think I might actually get hired. This would be huge since I would be able to teach again. So . . . please pray for me if you read this before 1:30 p.m. U.S. central time. As I write this post it is actually around 9:00 a.m. U.S. central time.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Tilling said...

Will do!

9:27 AM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Jim said...

Me too.

10:11 AM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Jeremiah Kier Cowart said...

Yo tambien!

11:30 AM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger Doug E. said...

We'll pray that God's will, will be done. We need men like you who know the truth to be teachers.

Doug

12:21 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger DWright said...

How did it go?

8:18 PM, January 26, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

The interview went well. I took several tests, filled out the necessary apps and gave them my resume. The Director of Education talked to me about the job as if I had it (we did talk salary - good sign), I am slated to schedule another interview with the President of the school.

Considering what has happened in the past, I'll get excited when I actually have the job. Thank you for all your prayers. . . please continue to pray that this door will open for me.

9:05 PM, January 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home