.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Voting Results, Suggestions, and Changes

I wanted to extend my gratitude to those of you who participated in voting for my blog, offering suggestions, and extending your kind remarks. A special "thanks" needs to go out to a one "Very Anonymous (definitely not Chris Tilling)," I honestly wondered if my blog was better than some of the phone books I have read in the past, your comments clenched it for me! :-)

As you can see I have taken many of your suggestions. First, I have changed my sidebar and removed the suggested book list with the boxed links to Amazon. I agree with Ben Myers and think that those were slowing down the loading time of my blog. Also, in the same order, I have removed the list, with the same Amazon boxes, of those books I am currently reading. This list would change too frequently and is just too much of a pain to keep current.

Instead (second), I have created a new category in my sidebar exclusively for my Amazon book reviews. You will find it just below "Book Shopping" and just above "Places to Go." Also, in the future I will try to post snapshots/quick reviews of certain books I am reading, and provide you with a link to the book at Amazon (this will, from now on, be in a posted format).

I want to extend a big thank you to both Doug Beaumont and David Piske, between these two friends and a lot of tweeking, keyboard smashing, and hair pulling, I finally got a page header that I like.

As for future posts, due to some suggestions and my love for this thinker, I will post a mini series (similiar to the Calvin series) on Jonathan Edwards. He has had a huge impact on my thinking both theological and philosophical, therefore, in the future I will attempt to delineate some of his thought.

Once again, I appreciate all your comments and suggestions. Theology and philosophy cannot be done in a vacuum, so please feel free to comment on any of my posts, I love the exchange and have learned a lot from each of your own blogs. It amazes me that we can all connect in this day and age via this medium of the internet despite the fact that many of us are thousands of miles away from one another, in different lands and countries, and otherwise may have never met. May God richly bless each of you in your studies, ministries, and your daily walk to understand our Lord and Savior more deeply and closely.

3 Comments:

Blogger Correy said...

Your last paragraph is what we all like it is great to be encouraged and challenged by people who search out the scripture.

10:28 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger R. Chapman said...

I like your blog and its new look. But it sure hurts that you took my "The Good Fight" blog off of your Apologetics Blogs list on the sidebar!!

But I won't hold it against you!!

Keep up the good and interesting blogging.

10:53 PM, January 22, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Well, Tom, that was a mistake on my part, I removed two links from my "apologetics lists" but your's was not suppose to be one of them (esp. since you are a "Circle of Faith" ring member).

I have done so much in my sidebar, moved so much around, that your link ended up a casualty of change. However, he casualty has now been repaired.

11:10 PM, January 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home