.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Wow! I'm Famous!

It looks as if my frustrations have made it out into the larger blogsphere!

These comments were made about my frustrations in trying to find a good church home!

steve said...
I stumbled on to this suggested name in another blog. It was a comment in response to a guy ranting that we need more traditional and liturgical churches.

The suggested name? The One True and Only Real Church Cos All The Others Are Pants Church.

The blog (I suggest you not visit): Shadows of Divine Things with a follow up here: Frustration Continues.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh . . . C'mon guys, you can visit my blog! I'm really very harmless . . . besides who can resist this face:

[The face of a guy who can not find a good church home!]

16 Comments:

Blogger steve w said...

T.B.,
As you can tell, the blog thread on which I posted was a completely humorous one. And if I really didn't want people to visit your blog, I wouldn't have put two (not one, but two) links to make it easy to visit. This is a great post today, and very much in keeping with the spirit of the other blog! But why did you put my baby picture on your blog? Or are we long lost twins separated at birth? :)

Sorry if my weak attempt at humor was offensive to you. But you'll be able to tell if you get any more traffic because of me.

I pray you'll find a church soon.

Grace and peace to you,
Steve

11:05 PM, February 13, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

I never took offense, Steve, that is why I posted this with the silly face . . . all tongue in cheek.

Just being funny back at ya!

God Bless you.

11:17 PM, February 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey T.B. Vick,
I am a friend of Steve, and I also am praying that you will find a good, healthy, loving, Christ centered, bible believing, community living, grace filled church. How is that for a good Church Name? Seriously, though I will pray for you. God bless and keep blogging.

1:00 AM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger urBenLA said...

Steve,
I told you that I will not recreate this "backpack with a Rock-O-Unforgiveness in it" at our church. We've seen how hokey and negative the response has been in TB's experience, why would we wish that on anyone in our own community. That reminds me. I still have yet to listen to that CD you gave me of the service a few weeks back. As long as there's not any gimics like this backpack drama and singing "I could sing of your love forever" FOREVER, I may just wind up sitting in the pew one Sunday morning again sometime soon.

Sorry to hijack your thread to poke more at Steve, TB, but I really do hope you find a faith community of love, grace and acceptance and a community where you can be embraced with your frustrations and your desire for understanding.

I've never liked how much that ICSOYLF song repeats incessently and how with each repetition seems to lose meaning and ultimately turns folks into zombies. I kinda had this idea that somewhere we were told to "sing to the Lord a new song" (break the monotony), and I'm guessing that this music minister at the church you visited thinks the story of the pied piper is a parable in the Bible that he closely identifies with.

1:21 AM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Sonia:) said...

Hi TB,

I am a friend of Steve's and heard about your church search. I am praying that you find a place where you feel that you can worship God in community with others. I know God will provide a place fo you.

1:14 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

I appreciate all your prayers and kind remarks.

2:31 PM, February 14, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What prevents you from becoming a Catholic, Todd?

3:22 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Anon, that's a curious remark . . . why do you ask?

You must have some reason for asking such a question.

4:45 PM, February 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because I am a Catholic!

Will you keep up with my comments on this blog even though you keep on making new blogs?

ES

2:03 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Anon,

I should be Catholic because you are Catholic? Hmmmm . . . you better give me better reasons than that. 8-)

Also, I have only this blog, the others I merely contribute to on a fairly limited basis. So, yes, I can keep up with your comments.

2:27 PM, February 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asking me why I am asking you "what prevents you from becoming a Catholic?" doesn't necessarily mean that I asked you this question because I think you should become one of us. I asked you this question, Todd, for my own sake! I'd like to hear what you have to say. So, what prevents you from becoming a Catholic?

ES

6:06 PM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Trent

6:53 PM, February 20, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it about the Council of Trent in particular that prevents you from becoming a Catholic?

ES

9:25 AM, February 21, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

ES,
Well, that's the million dollar question. I intend to post why I am not Catholic in the distant future, however, I am very interested in discussing this with you, especially since you have declared that you are a Catholic, but this comment area is not the place to do so.

Please e-mail me at mrealist[at]juno[dot]com. I really would love to talk about this issue and see what your response would be to my objections to Trent. I am always open to discussing the issues with Catholics (several of my close friends are very well educated, strong Catholics and I have had some wonderful conversations with them) So please e-mail me and let's chat.

9:36 AM, February 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as I get the chance I will email you! Keep up the good work on this blog.

ES

7:46 PM, February 22, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

ES,

Thanks a bunch, look forward to chatting with you!

8:11 PM, February 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home