.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Are you a Heretic?

You scored as Chalcedon compliant. You are Chalcedon compliant. Congratulations, you're not a heretic. You believe that Jesus is truly God and truly man and like us in every respect, apart from sin. Officially approved in 451.

Chalcedon compliant

100%

Monophysitism

33%

Docetism

0%

Donatism

0%

Arianism

0%

Apollanarian

0%

Adoptionist

0%

Gnosticism

0%

Modalism

0%

Socinianism

0%

Pelagianism

0%

Nestorianism

0%

Albigensianism

0%

Monarchianism

0%

Are you a heretic?
created with QuizFarm.com

Interesting quiz, however, I am concerned with the fact that I have some small form of Monophysitism in my theology. How could I be Chalcedon compliant and yet hold to some semblance of Monophysitism? There were two questions that were worded such that may have caused me to pull more toward this view - so I answered in the middle (indicating uncertainty)

Oh well, somebody shoot me now and put me out of my Monophysitistic misery : -)

2 Comments:

Blogger David said...

I clicked on the link provided but was unable to find this test on Quiz Farm.

4:35 PM, January 08, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey David,

Strange, I cut a pasted the exact url code from the quiz results to my blog . . . try to copy and paste this link and see if it works (or click on it if it allows):

http://quizfarm.com/test2.php?q_id=131773

4:51 PM, January 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home