.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I've Been Tagged. . .

. . . not labeled, not called a certain name, but "tagged" by David Wright at Nelmezzo

Here is my "tag" task:

I am suppose to answer these four questions:

1. What did you want to be when you grew up (WYGU) while you were a kid?

2. What did you want to be WYGU when you graduated from High School?

3. What (if anything) is your college degree in? (overachievers: feel free to add Graduate degrees)

4. What do you do for a living now?

Here are my answers:

1) Anything but an adult. No joke . . . I can recall as a kid wanting to stay a kid because I observed that adults had to work, pay bills, etc. and I did not have to do any of that. Boy, was that short lived.

2) A Rock Star! I was already in a hard rock band in high school and I wanted to be a famous rock star. Boy, was that short lived.

3) I have a B.A. in Theatre/English, an M.A. in Apologetics/Theology, and one whole year of a Ph.d. in philosophy. I also studied Latin at UNC, and Marquette University. However, to add to this, I was a researcher and and writer while in seminary and wrote three chapters to Josh McDowell's book New Evidence that Demands a Verdict (my only claim to fame - had to throw that in since becoming a "rock star" never happened)

4) I work for my dad. He owns a natural gas investment company. However, I intend, God willing, to go back to school and finish my Ph.d. - and then a little later, become a rock star! :-)

[Just out of curiosity, for those of you reading this post, let me hear some of your answers]

7 Comments:

Blogger Ben Myers said...

I was also the bass player in a high school rock band. Perhaps we should still team up and become rich and famous rock stars?

;-)

6:28 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

sounds like a plan.

7:42 PM, January 05, 2006  
Blogger Chris Tilling said...

That's great. I could be the dancer!

4:16 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

(1) I wanted to be a cartoonist, a dream that followed me through out school and into college, which combines with #2. I also wanted to be a writer. Though I haven't done much cartooning in years I do still write.

(3) I have 2 associates degrees, how's that for over achieving T.B.? One in liberal arts, and another in computer graphic design. Though I had no talent for the latter I believe they gave me a degree more out of sympathy. But I just applied for college and will hopefully finish my Ba in English before I am 40. Then off to Seminary.

(4) I work in a title company doing data entry. It sucks.

11:19 AM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey CR,
you should post some of your cartoons on your blog.

12:27 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

It has been so long since I did that man. Way out of practice, plus I don't have a scanner.

1:17 PM, January 06, 2006  
Blogger Julianne said...

1. I wanted to work at Dairy Queen because I heard that they get to eat all the ice cream they want at the end of the day. :)

2. A constitutional attorney.

3. Well, this is what I'll be doing (GW): majoring in world missions and evangelism, minoring in historical theology.

4. I own my own grocery shopping business.

10:57 AM, January 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home