.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Year's Eve Party (2005)

Here are some pics of the New Years Eve party at our house. This is one crazy group of people! We had a blast that evening.

This is me getting us all started playing Jenga.

For those of you who might not know what Jenga is, it is a game where a group of wooden blocks are stacked on top of each other and each player has to pull one block out of the stack without knocking the whole thing over.








This is my wife and she did quite well at Jenga that night (unlike myself).





Ok, here is David (the pic below), who now claims to be Jenga ruler of all the universe (he did not knock any blocks over that evening). However, I think Jana (Clint's wife) would argue with him over that title, since she too did not knock any blocks over that whole evening. This is David concentrating real hard on keeping the blocks from falling . . . notice the hand gently being used to hold the blocks steady (we call this cheating) :-)

Once we were all thoroughly tired of hearing David and Jana praise themselves for their astute Jenga skills and how much they whipped up on the rest of us, we all moved on to playing cards.

This is a pic of Jana (Clint's wife) and Kasha setting up the card game. Carie, David's wife is just barely in the pic on the far left. (I can't remember the name of the card game we played. Come to think of it, I never could remember the rules of the game as we were playing either, perhaps that is why I came in dead last and lost this game too)



Well, as the evening wore on and I was getting tired of losing at everything we played . . . David snapped this pic of me and Clint. As you can see I am getting giddy by this time of night and I think Clint is actually contemplating something illegal.

1 Comments:

Blogger David said...

"...here is David..., who now claims to be Jenga ruler of all the universe....

Okay, you are obviously refering to what I said here here: that, "Despite all Todd's smack talking, I dominated in Jenga."

I never claimed to be the Jenga ruler of the universe. That would just be pathetic. I just dominated you! Much about the living force you still must learn, young padawan!

And by the way, cheating my A**!! Those other two fingers were not touching anything! Besides, I think your first picture shows you holding the opposite side of the Jenga tower.

11:19 PM, January 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home