.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

New Web Ring

I have created a new Web Ring for Christian blog sites and web sites.
Click "JOIN!" below if you wish to join or would simply like to read the details of the web ring.

The only criteria to join is that you embrace and adhere to the two most essential Creeds of the Christian Church - The Apostle's Creed and the Nicene Creed.

If you have questions please feel free to e-mail me (you can find my e-mail in my profile) or post them in the comments section of this post.



5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Tilling said...

Hi TB,
What's the purpose of a web ring?
All the best,
Chris

5:17 AM, December 19, 2005  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey Chris, good question. To more or less over the years develop a network so each site can get more traffic and readership.

It sort of works the same as a blog directory or blog 'user group' that members sign up to to get more traffic. Like the TTLB or Topsites, etc. I have actually gained a lot of traffic from these groups. So I figured I would start my own and have it focused exclusively on Christian blogs and web sites.

But another feature of the ring is for members to be able to see what else is out there and to be able to discuss theology and what not amongst themselves.

Just thought I would throw the idea and ring out there and see what happens. And I am still discovering 'new' blogspots, even after being online with a blog for about four months now.

8:53 AM, December 19, 2005  
Blogger Chris Tilling said...

Understand. Thanks!

12:27 AM, December 20, 2005  
Blogger Jeremiah Kier Cowart said...

Hey there,

I'd like to add my site, but I don't know how to add the Circle of Faith code to my blogspot. Any articles you could point me to that would show me how to do it?

Thanks!

6:35 PM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Jeremiah, when you hit to 'join' link on the Circle of Faith Ring, it will take you to the join page. After you put all your info in, and hit join, it should provide you with the html code that you just cut and paste to your blog template. If you have trouble, I'll walk you through it when we get back from our trip.

7:21 PM, December 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home