.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Monday, December 12, 2005

UUUGGGGHHH!!!!!!!! . . . . . . It’s Sad Day here at the Vick Household

That’s right . . . sad . . . since I turn 40 today. I never thought I’d see the day that I would be moving right on into middle age. Oh well . . .

My brother-in-law has “graciously” provided me with a new reading list that he says I might find interesting now that I’m 40:

1) Christianity for the Aged

2) You Can’t Get to Heaven on a Senior Discount

3) The Purpose Driven Old Man

4) Serving God on the Other Side of the Hill

5) The Man in the Mirror is Really Your Grandpa

6) Finishing Strong (Without Hip Replacement)

7) Christian Tae Bo for Senior Adults

8) The Prayer of Methuselah

9) Samson’ Receding Hairline


Everyone have a pleasant day in ‘Blogland’ while I’m over here contemplating my mortality!

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris Tilling said...

Happy Birthday Purpose Driven Old Man!

God's richest blessings on you for your 5th decade.

3:21 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Thanks a bunch Chris!

4:06 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger Doug E. said...

At least your brother-in-law didn't recommend "Your Old Life Now" by Joel Ovilteen.

Happy Birthday,

Doug

5:07 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey Doug, HA! That would have been a rough one! The Prayer of Methuselah was the one that hit me the hardest! ; )

Thanks for the comment and the visit.

5:35 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger DWright said...

Well, TB, since I'm only 35, perhaps there's some knowledge that the missing 5 years will grant me, but for me thus far, every new year has been better than the previous. So in that spirit, I wish you a blessed new year walking with God, a year that is indeed better than the previous ones as you discover new delights in Him.

So the book title I wish for you is:

Older, Wiser, Contenter (sic)

11:29 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Now I like that "book!" Thanks a bunch David!

11:48 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger Ben Myers said...

(Belated) birthday wishes!

5:52 PM, December 14, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home