.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A Roman Catholic Response to My Series Regarding Tradition

A good friend of mine, who I went to seminary with, has posted a response to my series titled "A Protestant View of Tradtion." His name is Jeremiah and he actually converted to Roman Catholicism after he graduated from SES (which is not indicative of what is being taught at SES). Perhaps he will create a post detailing his move from Protestantism to Roman Catholicism (hint, hint).

He has been very charitable in his response and so I wanted to post a link here for anyone who might be interested in seeing a Roman Catholic view of Tradtion in light of my series at this blog.
His blog spot is The Restoration of Unity and you will find his responses there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah Kier Cowart said...

Good suggestion (as well as on the blog too). I had a few months ago worked up a rough version of my treck to Catholicism-certainly worthy enough for a blog (or nearly so).

I'll put something up. Thanks for the encouragement to do so. I rather miss the personal side of these things sometimes, unfortunately for me.

BTW, happy birthday! I'm sorry I wasn't on your blog on the actual day to wish you then. My contribution to make you feel better and to come to terms with such a "passing" is this: consider all the guys we read in graduate school and many other philosophers and theologians who have been concerned about the very sorts of things we are and spent their lives exploring such. They often lived well into their 80's or even 90's. In which case, if you follow in their line, you have not even reached the half-way point yet!

12:26 PM, December 16, 2005  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Thanks, Jeremiah . . . I think I'm pushing maximun density of the half way mark though : (

1:36 PM, December 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home