.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Few Featured Blog Spots

I wanted to provide my blog readers with a short list and description of some of my favorite and/or most frequented blogspots out there in ‘blogland.’

For the lighter side of blogging I recommend two sites:

Brainpoo (Chris Tilling’s blog): This blog is both entertaining and informative. One the one hand Chris will post articles about “the humping praying mantis” while on the other hand he can give a short exegesis on Thessalonians 1:3; and everything else in between. Plus he’s a Chess buff, and I would love to play him in Chess one day (consider that a challenge Chris, albeit you would probably wipe the floor with me).

Another very entertaining blogspot is Purgatorio (Marc Heinrich’s blog): This blog is just down right funny. Marc posts assorted pics where everyone is asked to supply various captions (and many of the responses are quite funny), he posts comparative pics of various people, these posts are called “Separated at Birth,” and what I like to call various “montages” or series of pics that describe various things (you have to go to his blog and see these to understand). Marc has a great sense of humor.

For the more serious side I recommend these two blogs:

Novum Testamentum (Brandon Wason’s blog): This is a blog that is devoted to New Testament Studies and Cognate fields. Brandon reviews various academic books, writes articles on languages, and on Biblical Texts (e.g. “Did Paul Write Hebrews?”), and has other various articles which are quite informative.

I have saved the best for last, Faith and Theology (Ben Myers’s blog): This is my favorite blog on the internet simply because I love theology so much. Ben’s site is devoted to theology and theological works, especially those of Karl Barth. If you ever go to Ben’s blog, make sure you go into the archives section and read his previous articles. I have spent hours perusing through the previous posts and have found them very informative and thought provoking (go see them for yourself).

Along with these featured blogs be sure to check my ‘sidebar’ for some other links to various different web sites and blog spots.

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Tilling said...

Hey thanks for the mention. I'm honoured!
And if ever you want to play chess online, just go to http://www.freechess.org/ and if you tell me when you're likely to be online, I'll be there! But be warned - I'm a dastardly cheat!

4:47 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Ben Myers said...

Many thanks for your kind words!

4:52 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey Chris, I'll go and get set up to play and let you know. It has been awhile since I have played so be gentle - feel free to cheat though 'cause then I'll have an excuse if you beat me ; )

8:59 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Ben, you are quite welcome. Keep up the good blogging!

10:26 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger KIRAN KHAN said...

its realy nice ben dont nedd it you nedd a music life for creating things good its better work with music http://mp3skull.im listen here!

12:05 AM, July 01, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home