.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Turning Pages: Books I'm Currently Reading or Have Recently Purchased

Below is a list of books I am currently reading or books I have on my near future reading list. As you can see, my interest is currently the issue of justification.



I also have on my reading list an article a very good friend of mine recently published in a popular philosophy of religion journal. The article is titled Weighing evils: the C.S. Lewis approach. So, as you can see, I am playing catch up on some new reading and have fallen behind due to work related studies.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

. . . some good stuff there Todd. I've tinkered a bit in the McCormack and Aune volumes, and have enjoyed what I read. I particularly liked A.N.S. Lane's essay on Regensburg in McCormack's work. (Lane also has done some nice historical work on Authority, Scripture, and Tradition e.g., http://www.biblicalstudies.org.uk/pdf/vox/vol09/scripture_lane.pdf) I anticipate your thoughts on Bird's book. I have it on my wishlist to purchase one of these days.

9:36 AM, December 04, 2007  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey Josh,

The McCormack is what I'm going through right now, it has been good reading, I look forward to the others, and I've already read a large portion of the Bird text since he sent me several chapters from that work before it was published.

11:01 PM, December 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home