.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Sunday, July 15, 2007

How Often Do You Seek "Assurance of Pardon"?

In the almost two years I have had this blog, aside from various other blogs being the source of people coming to my blog, most of the people who end up on my blog have come from Google searches. The most interesting thing about these Google searches is the topics of the searches. In other words, my blog has been the destination point from Google searchers seeking such topics as music, churches, various theological issues, various people searches (i.e. Calvin, Luther, etc.), but the most common Google search is, hands down, "Assurance of Pardon."

This "search topic" has always made me wonder, do people search for this because they seek assurance of pardon in their own lives, or because the need for such assurance drives them to research and seek out answers about that topic? I know, I know, perhaps I am reading too much into this, these are just Google searches you say. But I know from my own personal experience that I search topics at Google in order to find answers to what I am seeking. Therefore, that being the case, it would seem to follow that perhaps the most sought after answer is to the question do we really have "assurance of pardon"?

Do people seek answers to this topic because of a basic need within their own lives to be "pardoned"? Or is this just a hot topic? I tend to lean toward the former as opposed to the latter, but perhaps there are other options that drive people to seek out this topic, maybe they are researching for a term paper, or what have you. Nonetheless, I do find it very intriguing that this topic is, by a very large margin, the highest Google search that ends up at my blog.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As "assurance of pardon" (as opposed to the "assurance of salvation" which I sought regularly as a Baptist) is generally the terminology of liturgy, perhaps they were seeking liturgical forms for Sunday worship.

5:20 PM, July 17, 2007  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey David,

Could be. My guess is that most of these searches are performed due to the Reformed Calvinistic theological view of justification. But what you are suggsting makes perfect sense.

6:42 PM, July 17, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your blog by google-ing "assurance of pardon." I was looking for scripture references I could use for a worship service. You may add that to your data set if you like.

10:04 PM, January 22, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

6:58 PM, November 21, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home