.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Eight Random Facts/Habits About Me

Apparently I've been tagged again. Yes this is the second time I've been tagged with a particular meme since I began this blog almost three years ago. My friend David has tagged me this time around. The tag must begin with the posting of these rules:

1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Ok, those are the rules; here are my eight random facts/habits:

1. I have a tendency to curse. In fact, this habit is elevated to ungodly levels when I drive in Dallas traffic. My wife hates this about me, but it’s true, I can let out a series of curse words before I actually realize what I am saying. Ok, I'm not proud of this, it is one of my worst habits.

2. I have a hard time throwing things away. Not trash, mind you, but things, which means I am a packrat. Granted, the older I get and since I have been married (for the last 12 years) and we have moved so many times (8 times) in that time frame, this habit has, as of late, decreased. To give you an idea, I have shirts that are over 18 years old - no joke - and because I still fit into them, what would be the point of getting rid of them?

3. I cannot play too many video games because when it comes to video games I have extremely obsessive compulsive behaviors. I can play a video game for hours on end, days in fact with no sleep, etc. Also, once I complete a video game, I will play it again for years on end, even if I am bored with it, I'll continue to play it.

4. This may sound like I am gloating, but really I'm not. I have never met anyone who has as wide a range of taste in various styles of music as me. I love all music from heavy metal, to classical, rock, jazz, blues, R&B, soul, funk, country, new age, Broadway musicals, international, etc. The only style I do not enjoy is rap.

5. I do not like the sound of a baby crying. AT ALL!!

6. I love being completely alone, especially if I am outdoors, such as in the country or on a trip where I am driving long distances. Being alone actually energizes me. It gives me complete freedom to think and ponder.

7. I love snakes. Seriously, I am completely fascinated by these creatures. In fact, one summer when I was about 13 years old, I had caught about 50 or so snakes and had them in various plastic show boxes or aquariums on my back porch. This drove my mom up the wall though.

8. I cannot keep meme rules, it’s true, I just can't.

Because of number 8, I am only going to tag two people, Chris Tilling and my good friend Josh.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Scott said...

I remember reading this the first time around, now. I'm with you on music, although I would add opera and sappy top 40 to rap as music I don't like.

2:34 AM, September 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home