.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Monday, March 05, 2007

The Majesty and Glory

I finally found a link to one of my favorite recent hymns. The song was written by Tom Fettke and Billy Hearn in the 1970's (early 70's I think) and has become increasingly more popular in churches. While this link takes you to just a sample of the song, you can get the whole song on iTunes.

I heard this song performed some years ago with a chior of over 100 people and a small orchestra and it was absolutely amazing. Recently, our church chior performed this hymn with a small orchestra at the end of our liturgy just prior to the benediction and it brought tears to my eyes. IMHO this is one of the best hymns ever written, I wish I could provie a link which played the entire song, hope you enjoy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very moving! Thanks Todd.

11:36 AM, March 06, 2007  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey Josh,

Glad you enjoyed it!

7:59 PM, March 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home