.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Ten Propositions on Ecumenism & Scripture and Tradition

I have not been able to read too many blogs this week simply because my work has demandedd more of my time and energy. However, several days ago I ran into this article over at Faith and Theology and really enjoyed it. Granted, there are not too many posts by Kim Fabricius that I dislike, or that at least make me think deeper, of that I am grateful to Kim for his posts, but this article is one of his better ones, so obviously I would recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for the post Kim, and thanks go to Ben for allowing Kim to guest post. Kim should get his own blog so we can read his work on a more regular basis (hint, hint).

Another blog I now read as regular as possible belongs to a good friend of mine named Josh. His blog is called Just Musing and he recently posted an article on Scripture and Tradition. Of course this is an issue I have tackled on several occasions here at "Shadows", just look to the left hand side of my blog under the "Favorites" section. While Josh does not take a hard and fast stance in his article, it is still well worth the read. If you have a chance, go check it out.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger scott said...

I found this entry resonating with a quote from Nietzsche I ran across recently. "My writings are very well protected:whoever,having no right to such books,takes them and thereby mistakes them immediately makes himself ridiculous." All is not well in the world of homilies and writings. Folks say or write(not as often) what they mean and then deny what they just said or wrote. Of course it is incumbent upon the listner or reader to read between the proverbial lines(lies) and not be stymied by heated denials of "that is not what I said". So,do not be discouraged by deceptive homilies or bad writing.

1:45 AM, March 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home