.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Kirkin' of the Tartans


A Scottish Prayer

In the morning light, O God,

May I glimpse again your image deep within me

The threads of eternal glory

Woven into the fabric of every man and woman.

Again may I catch sight of the mystery

of the human soul

Fashioned in your likeness

Deeper than knowing

More enduring than time.

And in glimpsing these threads of light

Amidst the weakness and distortions of my life

Let me be recalled

To the strength and beauty deep in my soul.

Let me be recalled

To the strength and beauty of your image in every living soul.


J. Philip Newell

Celtic Benediction

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan Morehead said...

Thanks for this.

3:11 PM, February 19, 2007  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey Dan. You're welcome.

9:56 PM, February 20, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home