.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Motel Hell (conclusion)

This time the clerk gets me a new bed spread and sheet. I actually hold my tongue, take the sheets, and march back upstairs. I change the sheets on the bed, prepare myself for sleep and finally lay my head down to go to sleep at around 2:30 am.

The next morning we wake up and I have tossed and turned all night thinking about what has just happened to us. I decide that I am going to go downstairs and get a telephone number for customer service for the hotel so I can call and report these things to someone. So, I get up (at about 7:30 am), get ready, and go downstairs to the front desk.

When I arrive at the front desk there is a new worker there and she is asleep with her head on the front counter. I approach, wait a few seconds thinking that she will wake up. After about 5 seconds of just standing there watching her sleep, I tap on the front desk and she abruptly jumps up and looks at me like I have disturbed her from her “beauty slumber.” I then ask her for the hotel’s customer service number to report what happen to us last night, she gives me the number, and I then ask her for the name of the gentleman who worked last night’s shift. She gives me his name. Two or three weeks later, after many calls to the number she gave me, we finally got a refund for the room, only to find out that the guy who worked the shift when we arrived that hellish night, double charged us for a one night stay. YIKES!!!!

Since this incident I have heard several horror stories about other’s experiences at certain Super 8 motels across the country. If you can, I would avoid staying at any of their hotels and spare yourself the agony of “Motel Hell!”

2 Comments:

Blogger One of Freedom said...

Wow. That is so frustrating.

I'm sure Chris was smiling because, using a new form of math and letter valuation, Super 8 actually equals 666! Shocking I know. But if you had been privy to that information before hand you could have been spared sleeping in the Devil's own hotel chain! Yes, it is true, the Devil owns a hotel chain other than that well known one in California. Unfortunately Mr. Tilling has yet to reveal the exact furmula that will reveal which companies are owned by the Devil, I expect it in a forthcoming blogpost though.

11:55 AM, October 22, 2006  
Blogger Steve Scott said...

Yes, I will steer clear of Super 8's. My motel hell story is about Motel 6. The downtown Phoenix one to be exact. It was a combination wh*re house and drug house, and I was solicited for each. A wild party also, broken up by security. We left for another motel in the 'burbs and told the story to the people at the desk. They said they hear about that one all the time and wondered why Motel 6 kept it open.

1:18 AM, October 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home