.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Recollecting CDs

Since I got my now relatively new job, I've been on the hunt. Whenever my wife and I moved back to Texas some years back, I sold a lot of my CDs in order to pay some bills. Some of these CD were rare and quite difficult to find (and this was 5 years ago). Now many of these same CD are near impossible to find.

Well, lately I've been back on the hunt for these CDs trying to add them back to my collection. I have found some of them, but I am still missing quite a few. Some of the more difficult CDs that I have been on the prowl for are:

GTR - Self titled CD (Steve Howe of YES and company)

Emitt Rhodes - His 3 solo CDs and the CD collection from the band he was with called The Merry Go Round

Franke and the Knockouts - CD titled Makin' The Point (this has been the most difficult one to find with the exception of the next one)

Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me, Let Me Know (her only country album, she does a few cover tunes from the Beach Boys, and others).

Here are a few CDs I've managed to add back to my collection:

Glass Moon - Self Titled CD and Growing in the Dark

AXE - Their first two albums (this was a late seventies early eighties hard rock band)

And of course, I've been adding the more common CDs back to my collection. If anyone reading this knows of any place where I might be able to find copies of the 4 CDs listed above, or if anyone out there has copies of these CDs that they are willing to sell I would appreciate it. Feel free to leave me the info in the comments. I know the typical internet places like Ebay, Allmusic.com, etc.

Also, if you have any suggestions of any bands (even the more obscure ones - believe me I know some really obscure older bands who had, at best, average hits, but their music is great) feel free to let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger Steve Scott said...

I'm in a similar situation. Except my first church after my conversion was so hyper-spiritual and legalistic that I hawked my collection. I had some rare ones, too, and am starting out adding some of the mainline staples of my early listening. I remember GTR and AXE. Scary, huh? Some of your odd ones I might have to suggest some underground record store in Berkeley to find those.

How about Ten Years After (Ten Years Later, too), Al DiMeola, pre-Steve Perry Journey, Blue Cheer, The Trashmen, Suzi Quattro, Psychotic Pineapple and Chiliwack?

3:40 AM, October 09, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Oh yeah, Ten Years After with Alvin Lee. Great band. I also like Al DiMeola (good guitar player). Blue Cheer is an old group but a good one. You've got some good bands listed here.

7:47 PM, October 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home