.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Devil's Music

When I was doing some online searches for info on one of my favorite bands, the Eagles, I came across this link. The background music for the sight is hilarious! Nobody in the music industry seems to be safe at this site, even Dolly Parton (YES! Dolly Parton!) is "tagged" as a performing the "devil's music."

On the site there is a rock and roll "death list," and a link where you can actually hear backward masking of certain songs from these "devil loving songwriters." And of course, Christian rock is not safe either, it is "tagged" as "Satan's Worm in the Apple." Now I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of Christian music, simply for the fact that the music is just not appealing to me, but "Satan's Worm in the Apple?" YIKES!!! Of course, I'm so glad to know that, "There is NOTHING even remotely Christian about Amy Grant"; a claim made on this site.

Anyway, for a good laugh, check out the link above, and IMHO this is the biggest pile of crap that I think I have ever read! This is the type of environment I grew up in at my local home church, so seeing this garbage makes me cringe at the same time it makes me laugh out loud.

1 Comments:

Blogger One of Freedom said...

The sheer depths of ignorance displayed in such smoldering piles of crap always makes me angry. I was at least glad that no background music started playing when I was wading through that sewage tank. I guess my sanity filter blocked it out.

I started out in that kind of environment as well, it got so bad that I began to suspect every movement of missing God. Thanks to the ravings of Davey Hunt. Because I've been there my initial reaction is typically anger followed by a profound sadness for how that fear laden crap destroys beautiful Christian lives.

I think I'll refrain from bookmarking that one.

8:34 AM, October 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home