.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Six Months of Blogging

Six months ago today I posted my first post on this blog. However, about a two weeks prior to this day six months ago, I actually created this blog. It was originally a type of "spin-off" blog from What's Behind It, a blog I began with two other friends of mine. When I created this blog, it was originall called Iustitia Dei and I had posted an introduction in early October of 2005, and had intended to post my research on the issue of justification in Christian Church History. It sat here for about two weeks and I did nothing with it. Realising my topic for this blog was too narrow, I changed everything entirely. I renamed the blog, and made the topic matter much larger in scope, and six months later here it is!

The blog itself had a very slow start but has grown to about 100 to 200 hits per day (this includes unique hits and repeat hits) from various countries around the world. The blog has had visitors from Australia, Canada, Germany, United Kingdom, Norway, Philippines, Ukraine, New Zealand , Denmark, Spain, Finland, Portugal, Sweden, India, Ireland, Poland, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Japan, France, South Africa, Singapore, The Republic of Korea, Latvia, Malaysia, Hungary, Iceland, Brazil, United Arab Emirates, etc.. Also, I have posted about a 155 posts on a variety of topics. I hope everyone has enjoyed the blog, the discussions, the quotes, etc.

As we like to say in Texas, "Everyone is always welcome so ya'll be sure and drop back by, ya hear?"

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats on the six-month-iversary.

I'll keep coming back just as long as you keep on blogging :)

4:53 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

I appreciate the kind words Steven.

10:20 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Chris Tilling said...

Well, I love your blog Todd, one of my very favourites! Keep up the good work!

4:34 AM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Thanks a bunch, Chris.

8:57 AM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger Ben Myers said...

Keep up the great work, Todd -- it's an excellent blog.

6:28 PM, March 15, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Thank you much, Ben.

11:19 PM, March 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home