.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Which Theologian Are You?

You scored as Anselm. Anselm is the outstanding theologian of the medieval period. He sees man's primary problem as having failed to render unto God what we owe him, so God becomes man in Christ and gives God what he is due. You should read 'Cur Deus Homo?'

Anselm

80%

John Calvin

73%

Friedrich Schleiermacher

67%

Jonathan Edwards

53%

Karl Barth

53%

J?Moltmann

40%

Augustine

40%

Paul Tillich

40%

Martin Luther

33%

Charles Finney

13%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

OK, the fact that Finney even exists on my list scares me to no end!! And, Schleiermacher being third is really making me rethink my theology. Of course, I'll take Schleiermacher over Finney any day!! Fun quiz, go try it our for yourself!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Douglas Beaumont said...

Oh man - I just took this and I was Anselm as well, but second place was Barth!!! Please don't tell Dr. G.!!!

9:13 PM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey Doug. I cannot think of a better theologian to be associated with than Barth!! So . . . you are a closet Neo-Orthodox?

;-)

10:10 PM, May 30, 2006  
Blogger Douglas Beaumont said...

No. I don't think so at least. What is that again?

(And I thought my biggest problem was preterism hahahaha.)

8:47 PM, May 31, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post. I took the quiz and I was Jonathan Edwards, with Barth as a close second.

8:13 AM, June 07, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Hey Eduardo,

Welcome to my blog! Yep, that was a fun quiz!

7:55 PM, June 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home