.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

New Features on This Blog

If you look to the left of my blog (under 'Archives') you will notice that I have added a few new features. First, I have added "Books I'm Currently Reading." This shows the titles of the books I am currently reading linked to Amazon.com (for detailed descriptions about the books and for purchasing options). Most of the time I am reading anywhere between 4 to 5 books simultaneously. If that is the case, they will all be listed. Moreover, this list will change periodically, as I finish each book, of course. Along with this, I am going to add a feature that includes a list of recommended reading. The 'Recommended Reading' list will link titles to Amazon.com so if you are interested in reading one you can purchase it via the link (if you desire). This 'linking' will also allow you to simply click on the title and go to Amazon to read about the book if you like.

I am always reading. I usually read about 40 to 70 books per year and review books at Amazon (click My Amazon Reviews to take you to my review page at Amazon and see my reviews). I love reading, I love books, and I always have people asking me what books I would recommend. Therefore, in the future, look for a new section to the left of the main page of this blog where can find what I am currently reading and books for recommended reading. I will also, periodically, post book reviews and provide links for you to read about or purchase these books if you so desire. Happy reading to all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home