.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Monday, October 24, 2005

I See God In Everything

No, I am not a pantheist. And, I do not worship nature. But, I agree with what the Apostle Paul wrote in his letter to the Roman Church:

“For since the creation of the world, His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made . . .” (Romans 1:20)

The other morning I was looking through our back sliding glass door, which consequently has a mirror tint on the outside of the glass so in the daytime it is impossible to see inside our living room from the outside of that door. As I was looking out I saw several Blue Jays playing around in our backyard (these are my favorite birds). Seeing these birds immediately made me smile, and just then I realized that God made these creatures for man to enjoy, and that by my seeing these birds, He was glorified in His creation.

I see God in . . .

The laughter of children at play
The noise of the wind as it blows through the trees
A dog barking in the distance
The sound of birds chirping
The blueness of the sky
The whiteness of the clouds
The rain as it falls and hits the earth
The smell of autumn leaves falling from the trees

These are all a part of His creation, for our enjoyment, that we might be directed to His glory.

Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home