.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

A New Experience

My wife and I visited an Anglican Church today (St. Alban's Episcopal Church). This was a neat experience, although at times, we were a little lost as to precisely where the service was in the liturgy. This was not a new experience for my wife, she had actually visited an Episcopal church before. I on the other hand have not. I loved the liturgy, but was not quite sure about what was going on during the Eucharist. When I say 'going on' I mean the doctrine behind the Anglican Eucharist. I was told that Anglicans do not hold to the Catholic doctrine of Transubstantiation, but I am not sure what their theology of the sacrament of the Lord's Supper actually is (something to research).

My wife and I were both raised Southern Baptist, but as we grew theologically we slowly developed more toward Presbyterianism (PCA). We are currently adrift as far as a church home and have been searching for the last month or more.

Of course, there are specific theologies we want in a church, but just as much we want to find a place where we can both serve. We have always been active participants in all the other churches where we have been members. Anyway, while we will probably not attend St. Alban's again, I did enjoy the experience and the service.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home