.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

To Blog or Not To Blog (?)

Actually, the question is answered - I am calling it quits for this blog. Since I got my new job almost three months ago, I have tried my hardest to maintain posts on this blog and it is just too much for me to work the hours I'm working, post, read, spend time with my wife and family, etc. Obviously the blogging had to come to an end first. My readership has dropped quite a bit in the past three months, so no one will probably miss the blog much anyway.

I have enjoyed blogging and wish I had more time to devote to it. I have met a lot of people around the globe, and enjoyed the feedback and discussions. I will however, continue to periodically get online and read the blogs I have linked to, so I'll stay in touch that way. Also, I will not delete this blog, in case something changes in the future (I win the lottery or inherit millions and never have to go to a job again). So perhaps something may change in the future to allow me to get back to blogging, but as one of my favorite Disney characters used to say, "Ta, Ta, for now!" Take care, and God Bless you all!

BTW - this post is number 240!! (Yee Haw!!)

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris Tilling said...

:-(

Still, family is more important. Pity though.

6:43 PM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger David said...

Even busy, you are a more devoted blogger than I. Sorry to see you go, man. I guess we'll always have Par-, I mean, our semimonthly theo-moots.

8:36 PM, July 11, 2006  
Blogger Chris Petersen said...

I agree with Chris, it is a pity you have to go. Good luck to you, I have very much enjoyed your blog.

8:49 PM, July 13, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Thanks guys, I'll still be hangin' around from time to time reading all your blogs and maybe posting a few things.

8:31 AM, July 15, 2006  
Blogger Ben Myers said...

Sorry to hear that you've closed shop, Todd. I've really enjoyed your blog, and for me the highlights were your series on Kant and Calvin.

Anyway, let me know if you ever decide to re-start it!

8:42 AM, July 25, 2006  
Blogger T.B. Vick said...

Thanks Ben, I'll still be around reading various blogs and such.

8:02 PM, July 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home