.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Shadows of Divine Things

My Photo
Name:
Location: Texas, United States

This site is devoted to theological and philosophical investigations of the spiritual meanings of life, current events, music, spiritual growth, nature, and learning to be attuned to listening to the 'language of God.' The name of this blog comes from one of Jonathan Edwards's journals which he called 'Shadows of Divine Things,' and later renamed 'Images of Divine Things.' As a Christian I am continously on a spiritual journey to grow more into the image of Christ, to understand what it means to be crucified with Christ. To seek the truths of the Christian Faith is of upmost importance, and to know that any truths that are found outside of Christianity are present there because they ultimately point to God. I have an M.A. in theology and apologetics and I completed one year of graduate studies in Philosophy at Marquette University.

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Are You Going to Pee Standing Up or Sitting Down?

I'm not sure what to think about this video - a good friend e-mailed me and told me about it. How in the world does anyone get a sermon like this out of Scripture?


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could just say, "This guy is just a lunatic," and be done with it. But unfortunately ridiculous reasoning like this takes place in pulpits all over the country every Sunday. I've heard crap like this in churches - particularly in the church my wife used to attend before we married.

I trace it, in part, to a magical view of Scripture in which each word, letter, even punctuation mark of the KJV has authoritative meaning from God, regardless of context. Pitiful, truly pitiful.

3:45 PM, February 21, 2008  
Blogger Gimmer said...

Mr. Vick I do pee sitting down and have always done so, LOL. Please would you contact me and look at my blog. Yours is wonderful and I think you would like mine. hillshepherd.blogspot

Thanks, Mrs. Boyle

2:20 AM, March 06, 2008  
Blogger One of Freedom said...

Wow that is so screwed up. Unfortunately I've heard wackier, but that is pretty darn "special".

1:45 AM, March 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home